The Group of Eight offers eight annual fellowships to early career researchers in Europe to work in Go8 universities for up to six months.Each Fellowship is worth up to AUD 20,000.
The Fellowships are open to eligible researchers in Latvia, Estonia,Lithuania, Poland, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania,Bulgaria, Russia and Croatia.
The Go8 European Fellowship scheme recognises the importance of international contacts for early career researchers. It is envisaged that Fellows will continue to collaborate with Australian research
partners when they return to their home institutions.
The ANU Centre for European Studies would be happy to support candidates that fulfil the following.
1. have completed a PhD less than five years prior to application for the Fellowship;
2. are under 40 years of age at the time of application;
3. are a citizen of one of the designated countries listed above;
4. reside in one of the designated countries listed above (it need not be the same country as your citizenship);
5. have been employed (minimum half-time appointment) for at least six months prior to application by a university or research organisation (public or private) in one of the designated countries;
6. have sufficient competency in English to be able to adequately communicate with researchers in their host university;
7. are eligible to obtain an Australian Visiting Academic Visa (subclass 419) or equivalent Australian visa.
For details of the fellowship please see: