How to apply for an Erasmus+ exchange at KUL?  


IMPORTANT NOTICE! Due to the current epidemiological situation, the deadline for submitting the application documents for summer semester has been extended to 15th January 2021. 


All the required documents should be sent to the Erasmus+ Office of The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin no later than until 15th July (for winter semester or the whole academic year) or until 30th November (for summer semester). Please bear in mind that you should send all the required documents by e-mail to Once you have been accepted as an Erasmus+ student, you will receive an official letter of acceptance along with information materials. Information about the study programmes is available at


Required documents:

  1. Application_Form_20-21 – typed, printed and signed by your Erasmus+ coordinator (handwritten form will not be accepted)
  2. A photocopy of the applicant’s passport or ID
  3. A photocopy of health insurance which will cover all medical expenses during your stay in Poland*
  4. A photocopy of accident insurance**
  5. Provisional Learning_Agreement_studies_form_2020-2021 signed by home university
  6. A certificate of the English language level confirmed by the International Relations Office/Erasmus+ Office (at least B1 level; for English Studies/Philology programme at least B2) - you may use the following template: English_language_level_template ***

  7. A digital colour photograph sent by e-mail (300x300 pixels). Please note that your photograph must be of good quality, full face and a plain white or off-white background, otherwise you will need to have a new one taken after your arrival, which means you will wait longer for your student ID.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! You must send a complete set of application documents to be accepted. Please also be aware of the fact that your level of English must be good (at least B1; for English Studies/Philology programme at least B2) - you must be able to understand, speak and write both general and academic English. If your English is of a poor level, you will not succeed in most subjects!



European Health Insurance Card, EHIC (students from EU countries) – entitles you to get medical services if your life is at risk. Additional insurance policy is required to get medical treatment in case you have cold, you injure yourself, etc.



Accident insurance is a kind of insurance policy that offers payout in case of injury due to an accident during your stay in Poland. It is also recommended that accident insurance policy should cover death and permanent disability. Accident insurance policies that are popular among students are, for example, EURO26 or ISIC.



If you do not have an international certificate like FCE or CAE, you should ask your Erasmus+ Office / International Relations Office to issue a document confirming your English language level. The document should be signed and stamped by the responsible person from Erasmus+ Office / International Relations Office. You may use the following template: English_language_level_template 




 Erasmus students from EU countries and Turkey are advised to contact:

Mrs Katarzyna Woźniak

Erasmus+ Officer
International Relations Office
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
Al. Racławickie 14
20-950 Lublin, Poland
Tel. +48 81 445 42 05