How to apply for an Erasmus+ exchange at KUL?  


Once you have been accepted as an Erasmus+ student by both sending institution and receiving institution, you must send all the required documents by email to the Erasmus+ Office of The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin no later than until 30th November. Within two weeks after the Erasmus+ Office confirms receiving all the documents, you will receive an official letter of acceptance along with information materials. Information about the study programmes is available on our webpage.


You are required to bring the hard copies of the application form and your Learning Agreement when you arrive at KUL.


Required documents:

  1. Application Form 22-23 – typed, printed and signed by your Erasmus+ coordinator (handwritten form will not be accepted)
  2. A photocopy of the applicant’s passport
  3. A photocopy of health insurance which will cover all medical expenses during your stay in Poland
  4. A photocopy of accident insurance*
  5. Provisional Learning Agreement_22-23 signed by home university (You can find information on how to complete your Learning Agreement here: Guidelines LA 2022-2023).
  6. A certificate of the English language level confirmed by the International Relations Office/Erasmus+ Office (at least B1 level; for English Studies/Philology programme at least B2). Students from countries where English is an official language (e.g. the USA) are not required to provide such a certificate**
  7. A digital colour photograph sent by e-mail (300x300 pixels). Please note that your photographs must be of good quality, full face and a plain white or off-white background (especially the digital one), otherwise you will need to have a new one taken after your arrival, which means you will wait longer for your student ID.



Accident insurance is a kind of insurance policy that offers payout in case of injury due to an accident during your stay in Poland. It is also recommended that accident insurance policy should cover death and permanent disability. Accident insurance policies that are popular among students are, for example, EURO26 or ISIC.



If you do not have an international certificate like FCE or CAE, you should ask your Erasmus+ Office / International Relations Office to issue a document confirming your English language level. The document should be signed and stamped by the responsible person from Erasmus+ Office / International Relations Office.



IMPORTANT NOTICE! You must send a complete set of application documents to be accepted. Please also be aware of the fact that your level of English must be good (at least B1; for English Studies/Philology programme at least B2) - you must be able to understand, speak and write both general and academic English. If your English is of a poor level, you will not succeed in most subjects!


 Erasmus+ students are advised to contact:


Ms Magdalena Kiczuk

Erasmus+ Officer
International Relations Office
The John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin
Al. Racławickie 14
20-950 Lublin, Poland
Tel. +48 81 445 40 24